MPC Live Stream MPC Facebook Group
A message from Stuart Lange
greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Last week, to help protect everyone against the risks of the Covid 19 virus, MPC initiated various "physical distancing" practices and everyone took that on board very well. Since then, the situation has changed. Yesterday afternoon (Thursday), along with other precautionary measures, the Government announced that until further notice there should be no gatherings of over 100 people, and also recommended that "where in doubt" some smaller meetings should also be cancelled. All of this obviously has implications for MPC. We do not want to give way to fear, but we do want to act responsibly..
The elders met again last night, and have decided that, to reduce the risk to our people and to co-operate fully with the wider measures against this virus, we will take the following steps:
- Our main 10.00 a.m. service is now suspended until further notice, and from this Sunday on it will be replaced by an on-line live stream MPC church service. This is the youtube link to access our live stream: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmvlyqK2hfHmmnhglZ-KLKA/ To get this all established in such a short time is obviously challenging, but we are confident we will soon be up to speed. Our initial live stream service this Sunday will include mainly just a pastoral message from Stuart, together with some readings and prayers. In future weeks we will start including other aspects of our MPC services, and opportunities for discussion and questions. Jo and the Kidztime team will also start sending through some resources for parents and kids to enjoy together.
- We suggest some might like to arrange to meet together with some other MPC people in someone's home and together watch/ interact with the live stream MPC service and have fellowship. House churches are a good early church practice! Some who don't have access to live stream may like to go to a home which does. But please keep numbers low (about 10), observe first-rate anti-infection practices, and don't go if you are feeling unwell or vulnerable. If you like to offer your home for such a small group, or want to be part of one, or are arranging one, do let us know.
- If you are unsure about whether it is safe for you to go to gatherings with others, you may like to look at the section on people at risk in health.govt.nz-public-events-and-mass-gatherings
- Those who are advised to stay home rather than join any others at this time may want to watch the live stream, or may just prefer to spend the time with their own Bible reading and prayer (and involving their children too).
- For the time being, the Night Church Bible Study is suspended.
- Home groups (including mainly mums) can continue (but must review their practice to minimise risks)
- Youth Group can continue (so long as schools are still open)
- ICONZ and ICONZ 4 Girlz can continue (so long as schools are still open)
- mainly music can continue (so long as schools are still open)
- Please look out for others you know who are staying at home for now, especially those more at risk. Give them a friendly call, arrange to meet them (even just at their front door), drop off food, help get them things they need. T
- The elders have committed to weekly contact (primarily by phone or email) with everyone listed in our MPC phone directory.
- Stuart and Mark intend to email, and phone people, and to meet them as appropriate. Please do not hesitate to contact them.
- If you are sick, or someone in your family is, please let us know, so we can all pray and support.
- Email or phone requests for prayer may be sent in as usual.
- Note the Facebook group where we will also post updates and where anyone from the church can join and start discussions or share content: https://www.facebook.com/groups/131584143520975/
- Some very practical people, realising that most church expenses are on-going, have asked about how they can continue their offerings. About 40% of our MPC offerings are currently still by envelope, rather than by AP. We recommend that where possible people either switch to AP, or use a deposit envelope at the bank to BNZ - Massey Riverhead PCANZ, 02-0152-0024909-001, making sure you put your envelope number in the reference.
Finally, let's remember that "there is no Rock like our God"(1 Samuel 2:2), and "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control" (1 Timothy 1:7).
This morning Rose and I read this great verse...
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Rom 15:13)